Sunday, April 3, 2011

You smell like Sunshine...

I know... i know..
It has been a while since I have entered the blogging world. I thought about it a couple of times, but then I also thought how if I started would I be able to continue and keep it up. The jury is still out, but while the deliveration is going on I figure I can do a little catch up.
This weekend has been perfect and helped me to realize how blessed I am.
I got back from Florida on Friday afternoon and met Kelly and Back Nine where I take golf lessons. Kelly played a virtual course while I caught him up on the weeks worth of activites he had missed out on.  The project I have been working on since I started dropped last week and we were there to make sure everyone was on board and understood the process. I also spent a lot of time in a Mazda 3 rental car and in tornado warnings. Besides planning the trip I was also the official dinner coordinator. This cherished honor wasn't bestowed on me until we were actually going to dinner the first night, so I did the only logical thing to think of.. post it on FB. I got a large number of recommendations and love social media for that very reason.
If you are ever in the Orlando area let me suggest- Brio & Crave.
Saturday I had an appointment at Wellquest for a much needed massage. I then decided I should do my workout outside. PS. It is was hot.
Kelly played golf and I ran the standard Saturday errands. I was also fortunate enough to accompany Alexis and Walker on their daily walk. Callaway was my date and seemed to be much harder to pacify than 4 month old Walker. After every inch of the neighborhood had been marked as Callaway territory we headed home for a romantic dinner. Where my hottie husband told me that I smelled good.. "Like Sunshine." I like that. That sounds like a happy smell.
Today was the end of the HOBY conference. If you aren't familiar with HOBY it is a leadership program starting for high school sophomores that helps them also realize that community envolvement is important at any age. My dad is on the board and very involved and called in a favor. They have about 170 students from all over AR and through out the weekend they narrow it down to 10 to finalist. The winner will receive a scholarship and go on the represent the state in the national conference. This was a lot of pressure for this kid... so I called in reinforcements. Who better than my college professor friend, sweet Amanda. Amanda has such as passion for learning and I knew she would be great to help.
It was a great experience and it really made me thankful for everything that I have.

What else is going on?
HUmmm. My sister in law got a JOB.. In NWA. Super pumped..Now I feel like we have more of a shot to get the inlaws here.

I love my new job.. also love the fitness center....and the travel, except that I do miss my boys when I am gone.

Got to go to DC. UM, yep pretty cool city! I can't wait to go back with Kelly and see more of the city!
My boss and I tried to see the White House, Got yelled at by secret service.. no big deal. Took a picture of the Capital may go to jail for that one too. I didn't really obey the NO PHOTO sign.

Race for the cure is getting closer and I am super busy. This week I have a meeting every single day regarding the race. I have recruited a couple of friends which makes my life easier. I wrangled Alisa in and now she has gotten several Paw Partners for the race.

We got a house keeper. This is a HUGE step in the Carlson house. We have gone back and forth on this subject for a while and after about 2 months in the job and Kelly started back to school we realized it was not worth the time, energy or argument so, Katie was hired. I can honestly say that I would probably give up coffee, chocolate, or.. GASP peanut butter if it would keep Katie in our lives!
Kelly laughed at me after the first time she came. I had no clue what to do with myself. I just kept looking for things to do.

Kelly and I have our 5 year wedding anniversary this month. 5 years, I really do feel like it was just a while ago when we got married. This milestone also marks the Italy trip. 6 months from now we will be walking through the streets of Rome! Our Itinerary so far is:
Cinque Terra- 2 nights
Rome- 2 nights
Orvieto
Tuscany- 2 nights
Pisa
Florence
Chianti
Venice- 2 nights
Assisi
Pompeii
Sorrento
Capri-2 nights
Naples

Obviously I am counting down the days.


Photobucket

No comments: