Thursday, October 18, 2012

baby watch 2012... and other updates


We went to the Dr. yesterday for our 38 week check up yesterday... Not the news I wanted, but I am really working on leaving it in God's hands and not worry.
First off let me tell you about the awesomeness that is my life. For thjose of you that know me, know that I am going to tell you my true stories.. For those of you that have had the pleasure of being prego, you know you have to bring a nice little sample of urine with you to your check up. Well a few weeks ago I had a close call and my pee leaked thankfully it was in a bag and was saved before it was all gone. I was annoyed becuase I am super careful.
So yesterday I check the lid really well to make sure and even put a piece of cardboard to hold the pee stable... yep... A pee problem as in none.. Some how it got knocked over and this time there was NONE left. I was super embarassed and when Kelly picked me up the first thing he asked, "where is your pee?"
me- "it spilled"
Kelly- "that is SO gross Cortney, how does that happen?"
me- "babe I don't know, but I swear they changed the lids!!!"

FACT- when I told the nurse I spilled my pee- again- I told her I think they went to a lesser quality lid. She laughed and said, actually they did. HA VINDICATION!!! Please don't judge me and my pee.



Back to my update.. Well looks like I have dialated and effaced more, which could mean baby J could make her apperance at anytime in the next few days. Linz measured me to see where I was and made the comment that I have a small baby. This of course freaked Kelly out. One of the many things I love about Lindz is that she could tell Kelly was nervous so they sent us in for an Ultrasound just to measure her and make sure she was a good size. Well she is only about 6lbs right now. Which means 2 things in the Carlson house... I will be working from home for the next week or so in hopes to take it easy and that we have now increased my food intake in hopes that I will add some weight on her? Not sure if this is a proven method, but hey I will try it!

In the event to be productive from the couch.. I did find this blog Delightful Mom It talks about praying for your unborn baby and then tips for when they get here! It is based off of Baby Wise, so if you think BW is to strict then you probably wont agree with her and her schedules, but for me I really like how she breaks it down.
Tuesday Night our church had the small group get together for young wives. They do this every other month and I use to go regularlly, but when I get involved in Komen they always fell on the same night. I wasn't going to go on Tuesday due to the fact that I was supposed to be taking it easy but it was really on my heart to go and since it was pj night and breakfast for dinner that sealed the deal.

It was so good and I know the Holy Spirit was leading me there to learn from some amazing women. We talked about the book Whats it like to be married to me.


When I think about that it really makes me stop to wonder. On one hand Kelly is lucky to have an ADHD wife that can't sit still and has to have everything done, but at the same time, I have high expectations and get annoyed when he just wants to relax. We also talked about the negative words that come out of our mouth and how much we complain.

You know when you see something you like or want you then begin to see it everywhere?Well when someone brings it to your attention about complaining you REALLY realize how much you do it. I mean think about it, how many times did you say, "I'm hungry, I'm tired, I'm cold.." I know these are technically statments, but come on.. lets be honest, we start with the I am tired and then launch in to a story about how bad things are. I say all of this becuase I am totally guilty of this.

I feel so blessed to have such a great group at church. I am amazed by thoughtful and caring some people are. I feel like sometimes I go through like with blinders on only thinking about what is going on with me.. and I am so blessed to have some great friends and mentors to help me remember that I am bless and God's plan is always better than my own.

This came at such a perfect time too. I want to be a rockstar mom to Julianna and I know that my actions will be what Julianna sees. So I will be working really hard to keep my attitude positive and make sure I have Christ like actions not only for Julianna, but so that I can be a better wife to Paul Rudd Kelly. I got a comment again this week that Kelly looks like PR. Had to throw it in to lighten the mood after all the soul searching!

.









Politics- So here is the deal.. I like most people are annoyed with this whole mess. I was reading an article about how the majority of undecided voters the canidates are trying to reach is the women voter. Personal opinion-Women voters are informed yes, but I also think females in general have a personal attachment to who they vote for and the interupting, snide remarks and outright bashing either canidate leaves a bad taste. I know I have a canidate in mind, but I also know that it frustrates me to watch the debates as they go back and forth...

Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly, somewhat aghast, told viewers, “I personally found it ironic that they spent so much time trying to win over the women voters, and one thing women voters don’t like is a bully, and these two men were in each other’s face s… I think a lot of women will react negatively to that.”

Ok I am done..

On a BRIGHTER note...My fabulous friend Jessica had her baby! Welcome Maddox!
Photo: Introducing Maddox Helms Young.  We were blessed with a 10lb 13 oz precious baby boy yesterday afternoon!! Could not be happier.
Jessica was originally due on the 28th of October. She had him yesterday almost ten days early and he was 10 lbs... TEN POUNDS!!! Lets all take a minute and appreciate Jessica... and her lady parts for having a 10 pound baby naturally.


Photobucket

No comments: