Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Peanut Butter & Jelly

Dear Peanut Butter:


You are 29 today! I can't believe how fast time has gone!

I remember meeting you for the first time in the Bentonville High school cafeteria. You had on the Eddie Bauer shirt that reminds me of a napkin. You were the new kid in school and I really just didn't have time for you. OH how things change. Fast forward 1 year and 1 broken heart later and who was there? The cutie in the napkin shirt.



I remember working at the bank in the supercenter and you were a CSM and every time you would walk by I would watch you.

May 21, 1999 I went to a graduation party and you had a curfew. I got a call on my way to the party from you asking me if I would be your girlfriend. Since you were just about the sweetest thing I didn't even hesitate.

We both thought it was going to be a summer crush.. over and done, but one year later May 20, 2000 it was our own graduation and you were going to Harding & I was staying here we decided we should just see where it goes. Over 11 years later it is still going pretty well.



God knew when he brought us together what he was doing.

You helped me to be the Christian woman that I am today. You challenged my faith and helped me to grow and be a better person.

You balance me. The things I stress about are the things you laugh about.

You are so generous. You truly live the turn the other cheek lifestyle. When I hold the grudge and want to wash my hands of things you are there with your giving heart.

I love how insanely excited you get about Christmas & how as long as it is for Christmas I can break the budget.

You challenge me to try new things. From trying spicy food to running to camping and learning to golf.

You brag about me when I am not around. It feels so good to have people come up to me and tell me how highly you speak of me when I am not around.

You will indulge my crazy ideas.. like painting a chair bright red or even when I want to camp in the backyard.

You know how anal I am about things and you will usually allow the neurotic to come out is small doses. You then reel me in when they are taking over me!

You love to spend time with me.

You have fabulous hair and beautiful eyes.

You are the spiritual leader and are my accountability partner.

We are both on the same page of our lives. We are content with just the 2 of us, ready for Europe, then children.

When you don't think I am watching I love how cute you are with the dog. I can only imagine what a great father you will be.

You can't stay mad at me. Whether I am hitting cars or just infuriating you, you are only angry for about 15-20 minutes.

Your competitive nature.

I am so proud of you working full time and getting your masters.. with a 3.85 GPA

I love that you refer to my student loans as OUR loans

I love how honest you are...most of the time!

I love that you have just as big of a sweet tooth as I do!
I never could have imagined how my life was going to end up, but I am so thank that I have shared 11 years of it with you. I hope you have a wonderful birthday!

I love you very much!
Love-Jelly


I hope everyone has a fabulous thanksgiving! The Carlson Clan will be at the Turkey Trot and then watching lots and lots of football!

Photobucket

No comments: