Friday, May 21, 2010

repeat after me.. you are no longer in college

So yesterday Jlove and I left work and headed straight for abuelo's for our girls night dinner. I haven't been to abuelos much and was looking forward to trying some yummy Mexican food.. ok so the truth.. didn't love it. Don't get me wrong it wasn't horrible or anything, but not my fav. The salsa wasn't the best to me nor was the cheese dip.. Kerri got the trio of dip and I will say the guacamole dip was fabulous! I got a 7 layer type thing and it was pretty good, but for me when the salsa is less than desirable and the cheese dip was subpar--you loose major points.


So yesterday Jlove and I left work and headed straight for abuelo's for our girls night dinner. I haven't been to abuelos much and was looking forward to trying some yummy Mexican food.. ok so the truth.. didn't love it. Don't get me wrong it wasn't horrible or anything, but not my fav. The salsa wasn't the best to me nor was the cheese dip.. Kerri got the trio of dip and I will say the guacamole dip was fabulous! I got a 7 layer type thing and it was pretty good, but for me when the salsa is less than desirable and the cheese dip was subpar--you loose major points.

I had a blast hanging out with the girl from work and I was really glad I was able to go to dinner and then to KQ. I was supposed to go to a movie with them after dinner, but since I was wanting to both they let me bow out of the movie with out to much of a guilt trip. HA! Who am I kidding I felt like a giant jerk, and the gave me a crazy hard time about it, but in the end I paid them off and we are still friends.

I headed over to Rachel's house after dinner.. hum.. ok actually my "skankopotomus" friend amanda told me it was at Amy's house, so i roll up to the house only to realize it is a rachel's, thankfully they are two house away from each other. I felt horrible rolling in late, but thankfully Rachel had sangria there and no one was worried about much.

They had a cute theme, cookies. The whole idea was to have everyone make cookie and then each person take a different kind home.. Well I came late so I wasn't planning on being able to participate, so when Tara handed me a bag to fill up I passed it on the next girl. Now, these cookie looked amazing, but since this kid can't run for 4 weeks, i had to just say no and walk away. ( the running guru at rush running diagnosed me.. nope not a Dr but they might was well be.. told me that it could be a stress fracture. I could go to the Dr and they can't really see that stuff on the X-ray and they will tell you to take 4 weeks off take, lots of calcium, and to call them in the morning. So me being me, I decide to follow this advice first prior to dropping a down payment on a car Dr visit to hear the same thing.


So since I am on injured reserve I am much more aware of what I am eating... hence a bag full of cookie's wonldn't be the best thing for me right now.

So we hang out with Rachel and the rest of the girls for a while longer until amanda gets this great idea that we should go see Holly/Jcrew. Well since crew was at a movie her sweet hubs Matt let us crash on their backporch. We talked to matt about the earthquake that happened in Bentonville last night.. CRAZY! I can't belive we have had 2 in the past month. After we had more than wore out our welcome we headed home. I got home around midnight.. way past bedtime and much to close to the turning in to a pumpkin hour.


When I pull in to the driveway I see my friend Marcus across the street him and his brother are having a garage sale tomorrow. We got to talking and he reminded me how much we use to hang out. Marcus was our realtor and we have been friends since high school. He jokes that I am HSM (high school marcus) and he is HSC (high school cortney). In high school I was the more wild child and he was the church boy, now we have reversed roles and he thinks this is quite funny. So last night at 1230am we came to the realization that Kelly & I would be a good influence on him. So we decided Team Carlson and Marcus and his wife needed to hang out tonight.
Needless to say when the alarm went off at 6am this morning I wanted to punch myself in the face rather than get up and go to work...

So tonight we are hanging out with HSC & his wife and maybe going to Pel's Pals whole hog roast. Then tomorrow Kelly and I are going on a day hike to lake fort smith. We had a big group that was going camping this weekend, but all the campsites were full so no go.. My own little Bear Grylls is taking me on an adventure instead.

Saturday night I will be sitting by the phone holding my breathe for my friend amanda to call and give us the all clear to come over and hang out. Sunday my bff kathryn ann is having their annual crwfish boil. It is usually on Sunday of Memorial Day weekend, but this year since Trae her brother is in NYC he has to work and can't get back next week.



I hope you all have a wonderful weekend..

Photobucket

1 comment:

Jamia Weir said...

Do you have any runs coming up? I am going to be running the Poultry Fest 5K, wanted to know someone else that was running it too!?