Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Polenta please

Friday I went to the grocery store after work and they had polenta. Emmy turned me on to it when we went to visit and they had some sun dried tomato kind at walmart so I needed to figure out what to make with it.

Saturday morning Kelly and I got up early and went for a run. We then went to the farmers market and walked around. We saw our friends Erin, Todd and Mandy working Mandy's booth.  After we walked around we were both sleepy and needed some coffee stat! We went in to Kupcakes and debated what to get. In the end I got the Tiramisu cupcake and kelly went with the sausage egg and cheese cupcake. We did what we always do cut them in half and share them! Kelly got an iced coffee and I did a mocha. It was all really really good and I am glad we stopped in.

After we got home I had to get ready for the sewing party with Denise & Chrissy's family. Meg's had mentioned some pool time so I brought my suit just in case.

I got so much accomplished and MAN was I so thankful for Jamia and her sewing expertise. I felt like I actually knew what I was doing. I was able to make 2 taggies. I finished the one for emmy and then made another for whoever is next on our baby list of friends. It was a great group of girls and HOLY COW was there some food. If I hadn't cancelled out my run with the cupcakes I sure did with breakfast.

Chrissy made Reese a dress... SO cute

Around 2 megs was at the pool and I was in my own little martha stewart land so I headed over to see her Alisa and Jess. I got home from pool around 4 and started making dinner.
Recipe:
Polenta sliced 1/4" thick(cook in skillet evoo, for about 1 minuted on each side)

line the bottom of casserole dish.
Layer pesto over the polenta
over that with fresh spinach
a layer of mushrooms
pour marinara sauce over that
layer ricotta cheese


Layer some fash cooked zucchini

cover with mozzarella cheese
Sprinkle olives over it

bake 375 for 25 min

I was so proud of this recipe.

1 comment:

erin f. said...

All of that food looks yummmmmy. I have to admit that I thought your title said "Placenta Please." Needless to say I'm glad that isn't what it said!