Thursday, July 22, 2010

I want you... yep.. YOU

Time to get involved..


It is no secret that I liked to get involved in things.

Well here is your opportunity to serve & give back when we have been so blessed ourselves.

Currently I am working with my cousin Sara who is helping to put together a sprint triathlon. The race will be 500 meter swim, 15 mile bike ride, and a 5k run. For those of you that have absolutely no desire to do any of those activities, you can come and volunteer. The race is in Bella Vista at Lake Windsor, Tri To Remember on August 21st from 7am to 11am. The proceeds go to The Alzheimer's Association. It is a really great cause and the people that actually do the race really appreciate course support. I know that at my last half marathon there is no way I would have finished under 2 hours if I didn't have all the people there cheering me on. There is something about knowing people are watching you and wanting you to finish. There is also something about telling everyone what your goal is. It pushes you to achieve it much harder than if it was something you kept to yourself, but that is for another entry.

Now, you should not, I repeat, SHOULD NOT volunteer just for the free stuff, but I am a give-a-way junkie and take whatever I can get and this one has some cool stuff. You get breakfast and lunch while you are there and a dri-fit sprint triathlon shirt.. plus i think if you are really good they throw in a sexy orange vest and a whistle!
 



After that we have the Charity Challenge.


This one is being head up by friend Allison. She also does the NWA Healthy Women. Well it is in September at the Pinnacle country club. It benefits the Crisis center. They are the ones that handle rape crisis, suicide, and things like that. This event is very important for th fact that the fundrasier supports the cost to run the center for the year. It is a golf and tennis tournament. The next meeting is August 12th.
 
 
Make-A-Wish. Kelly and I became involved in the wish council first. They are the ones that actually fund the wishes. The cost is about 7k a wish. After that we decided we wanted to do the Wish Granters. This is actually where we go and grant the wishes and plan the parties for the children. We are having our next meeting at the Springdale Library on September 17th at 6:30pm.




In October we have the PAL 5k. PAL is the Police Athletic League. They are putting to get together a 5k it is in conjunction with the haunted house they do. The race is Friday October 22nd at 6:30pm located at the Benton county fairgrounds. The race is going to run through the cemetery. I think this is the coolest part of the whole thing! Our next meeting it Wednesday July 28th in Bentonville.


November is Circle of Life Hospice. The actual Voyage party will be November 20th at the John Q Hammons Center. I am helping with the theme and logistics, but I have also been tasked of getting some silent auction items... So far we have some good stuff! A photo session with 2 canvas prints from Sweet B's Photography. A 4-some of golf with cart from Lost Springs golf course. A canvas painting from the fabulously talented Mandy Faubous. 2 HUGE baskets from Alburto Culver salon products. A Baseball package from Hogs baseball. The next meeting is Thursday the 29th in Springdale.


                                               

Ok last is my Race for the Cure. Since I am Co-chairing the race this year I have already started recruiting for committee members. I hit sara up when she asked me about the tri to remember.. The meeting will start in September with the race in april 2011. The most exciting news is we had our Chair meeting on Tuesday night. We were tasked with coming up with the media for next year. We were each to submit ideas for the brochures and guess who's got picked? Mine!! Now I know that is it not like I actually cured cancer or even contributed much, but I am pumped that they are using mine! It was to revolve around "promise" Since Nancy Brinker started Komen with a Promise to her sister Susan G Komen, that she would stop the suffering for other people and families.


If you are interested in getting involved in anyone of these great organizations let me know!


"Do not keep talking so proudly or let your mouth speak such arrogance, for the LORD is a God who knows, and by him deeds are weighed."
1 Samuel 2:3


Photobucket

No comments: