Thursday, April 29, 2010

Rantings of a 6 year old and I heart Matthew 6:34


Matthew 6:25-34
25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life[b]?

28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Here lately there has been a ton of stuff on my mind, enough to cause me to go in to a complete state of stress. Most of the things that weight on me are out of my control and there is no amount of worrying that will change the outcome or fix the problem, so today I posted that little passage and I am really concentrating on that so I will calm down. Maybe putting it in writing for me to see over and over again will help to keep it fresh on my mind. Also, I am hoping that this will help anyone else out there that deals with the same struggles that I do.
Ahh, now that I have given all my stress over to God. I have several random things..
Last night at midnight Kelly’s term paper for his first class in the masters program was due. So being the procrastinator that he is he kind of put it off. Well he has to write the paper APA style. I don’t think in college I ever had to write an APA style paper. Thank God! Well my frantic and completely stressed husband begs me to help. He even said the code word **I will post about the code word tomorrow,  so you best come back! *** So, I was forced to drop everything, read: Get off Facebook and turn off the tv and help with the paper. I was the designated APA reference writer. Are you kidding me? I HATE APA! I started working on the reference sheet at 8pm. I finished at 10:15. Every time I saw the bright and shinny light at the tunnel my dear sweet and wonderful husband would come and drop 2 more book off on the kitchen table. It was really hard not to get annoyed with him, but he had this little boy face when he would drop the book and then he would full on sprint back to the office so I couldn’t hurl the books back at his head. Finally, at 10:30 I had proof read everything and I headed off to bed… I guess I better study up on my APA before the next class starts!



Peachies- I love this candy. LOVE it with a deep passionate kind of love. If I was a kindergartener I would say I love it so much I want to marry them. For a while I couldn’t find them and I was forced to try the Market Pantry version which was mediocre at best. But, the other day Wal-Mart had them on their candy aisle. I guess they no longer put them in a bag and the price tag has elevated from 99 cents to 2.50, but budget or no budget these are sooo worth it. The best part is, my husband loves them just as much as I do. Last night while sitting and reading page after page of financial ratios I indulged myself with 2 peachies and a few (more than probably needed) spoonfuls peanut butter cool-whip. This is something a girl at work told me about and I am very thankful to her for rocking my world one peanut buttery bite at a time.

To make:
1 tub light cool whip
Several spoonfuls of peanut butter
Mix well
Place back in freezer if to melted
Eat

Today at lunch I went to the park by work. I have never done this before, but I think after realizing how wonderful it was I will start doing it on a regular basis. I took my Francine Rivers book with me and just read. Fabulous!

Lastly, Nora Roberts. I love her. Mostly cause her books are addictive and they make me happy since they are mostly sappy love stories! Well NR has a quartet of stories ( I am sure if you have been following me long you will remember these) called the Bride Quartet. Well The first one my grandma gave me and it hooked me right away. Vision in White...I think I read it in 2 days.

Then I was reading Eclipse while I was traveling for work and I finished it, so I needed something to curb the craving or otherwise I was going to buy Breaking Dawn. This might not have been so bad if the ONLY copy they had for sale at Barnes and Noble was the 50 dollar collector’s addition. So I saw Bed of Roses
The second book and I was saved!

Bought it and read it all before I got on the plane. Now the third one is out and I want it.. I want it so bad. Well this is sort of how the conversation went in Sam’s when I found out they had it.


Me.. walking very slowly down the book aisle at Sam’s. Slowing a little more as I get closer to the NR section

Dad..read: KellyCome on Cortney

Me..But I just want to look at it

Dad..NO!”

Me.. “But babie (in a very 6 year old whinny voice) I just want to read the back

Dad.. "NO, get it at the library"

Me.. "I C-a-n’t (dragging out the whine now) it is to new they library only has old books.”

Dad.. (As he begins turning around to take the book away from me) “Cortney Mae, come on

Me.. (as I try to read through his hands as he is pulling the book away) “LEETT MEE REAADDD THE BAACCKK.” I think there may have been a foot stomp in there but I can’t be sure.

I then throw the book down on the near buy rack and cry with as much drama queen as I can muster. “FINE!”

Dad… "That is not where the book goes.”

Me.. huge sign as I grab the book stomp back and throw it back on the book rack.

I then grab my cart and walk away from book section with a piece of my heart left with NR.

No comments: