Friday, April 23, 2010

Show us your life… love in a trash can?

I met my precious husband at Bentonville High School, we were half way through our Jr year.
First time Kelly & I met I didn’t really pay a lot of attention to him.. not to sound snotty or anything, but I had a boyfriend and I was introduced to Kelly by a friend who was in love with him so I said a brisk hello and was done with him, or so I thought. For the next few months our paths crossed ever so often a the various high school party or football game, and at one point his flirting reached a new level when he threw some sarcastic remark at me and I came back with something just as bad. Before I knew it I was in the air with my body folded in half (yep, I had my cheerleading uniform on too) and dumped in to one of those 50 gallon Rubbermaid trashcans. I now know what it would feel like to be a turtle on its back unable to get right. He thought this was quite funny and left me to find my way out of the nasty trash can… So, I guess it wasn’t love at first sight.
After my boyfriend cheated on me and we broke up Kelly was super sweet and I we started hanging out more. Before the end of the summer we were dating. We had a fabulous senior year and before I knew it we were graduating.
I refused to follow him to school & instead stayed here and took some classes. He went to Harding in Searcy, and we broke up. After our 6 month commute I missed him and ended up transferring to HU.

We have been married for 4 years… together for 11!!!

2 comments:

Katie said...

This is the cutest story linked to Kelly's Korner...and pretty stinkin' cute! Happy ever after wishes for you!

Kate said...

Ha I had to read your story after I saw the title about the trash can! Super cute!