Thursday, June 17, 2010

a little obsessed with peanut butter

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Matthew 6:25-27

so cute you could just eat him up!!

**A big thanks to Whitney & Abby for standing up and confessing they like PLL's and some ABC family!**
Yesterday I was thinking about a couple of things and I realized I have several bdays this weekend. Alissa's bday is today (or so I thought) my sassy friend Amanda is tomorrow, my daddy is Saturday, and Stephen at work is tomorrow... So I figured what better of a time than to try out one of Joy the Baker's recipes. I really really wanted to make the chocolate avocado cake, but i figured that was a little out there for some people. So I went with the organic chocolate peanut butter cupcakes.


When I got home from work Kelly's parents were just getting in to town. We gave them the tour of the house showing them everything that has been updated since they last came to visit. I had a huge dose of vindication when B&J both raved about the spare bedroom that abbs and I painted a while ago. Kelly kept saying it was baby food green, but I loved it, so it was a sweet surprise when they mentioned how great the room looked with the new paint!


We went to whole hog, bobby is borderline obsessed with it (not that I can blame him it is so stinking good!) and then went to walmart for groceries for them.

B&J are very health conscience. I like to think Kelly and I are but they are next level in comparison. They buy all organic, free range food. I like to buy that stuff when it is possible, but when Kelly saw that a 1/2 gallon of milk is 4 bucks and we get a whole gallon for 2.50 he quickly says no. Every once in a while when he is not with me I will sneak in some free range eggs, but that is about the extent of my rebellion.

By the time we got home it was 9ish and I hadn't even started baking yet.

The boys (Kel, Bobby, & Kurt) retired to the living room to watch some show about shooting people. Julie stayed in the kitchen to keep me company.


The recipe wasn't hard and I love Joy the Baker's blog she it quite sassy and takes great pictures of her creations. While the recipe didn't take long to make they took about 25 minutes to bake a batch. Well I made 3 batches. I then had to wait for them to cool. I made the home-made peanut butter frosting JTB suggested too. Then I sprinked the reese's cups on top of that. They look supper yummy. Julie stayed with me the whole time and kept me company while I baked. I even taught her the cupcake trick.

(If you don't have enough batter to fill the entire tray fill the remaining cups with water. This allows the cupcakes to get an even cook) When I realized it was midnight I kind of wanted to cry. I am a very strict 8 hours of sleep a night girl. I finally left the last batch unfinished. There was no way I was going to be able to roll out of bed at 5:30 and be mary flippin sunshine.

So I am taking Alissa hers today (ps her bday is monday.. whoops) then everyone else their's tomorrow. I am a sleepy kid and borderline ogarish today. So much so that I have pondered taking a nap in my car. I have since nixed this idea realizing that the temp is supposed to hit a wopping 93 degree's today. Windows down or not that is hot and I may smell like battery acid when I came back from lunch, so no go on the nap.

Sewing is tonight and Jennibobenni and I may be in a timeout. we didn't do our homework! Hopefully we will finish our aprons though and I will have pictures for you on Friday!

Last and most importantly.. for all of my hundreds 20 of readers out there. Go to  Kupcakes on the square.
Kelly and I were in there over the weekend and they had these precious pictures of all these kids eating Kupcakes.. I did a double take when I saw this VERY happy blonde boy. It was Sassy A's son harry. I looked a little closer and saw a sweet little girl with a monogrammed bow and knew Georgia Kelly was one of the other ones. There are several pictures and you can vote on who the model child will be, so I am telling you all to click on the link and go vote, or call, or better yet go in an get a cupcake and vote.


Rumor is Sassy A will win free cupcakes for a year! So please go vote!



Photobucket

No comments: