Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Where is the glass slipper when you need it?

Don't forget to vote for Dan.. If you are not watching this show you should. (design star on HGTV)

This week has been so busy already and it is only Tuesday. I was a little behind to start off with and now I just can't catch up. We leave Friday and I have so much to do before we leave. Kelly has school and he has to post 5 out of the 7 days.. well we will be on a boat in the middle of the ocean next week, so research and homework may be a little hard to do. His plan is to do all the assignments before boarding the boat, mainly because he doesn't want to spend time doing homework when he could be zip lining in st lucia. The other reason is it is crazy how expensive it is to be on-line. 10 bucks just to sign on and then around 30 bucks for 30 minutes... Kelly's post last night took about 30 minutes (longest one has been about 3 hours), just to give you an idea of how much that would cost us.. 40 bucks a day for 5 days.. $200 on internet that is absolutely ridiculous! Which is why I have put on my Cinderella rags and tried to take care of everything.

So between doing the laundry, dishes, packing for the trip for myself and Kelly, taking the jeep to get the tires rotated and balanced, taking the dog to be groomed (he can't look like a mutt to go visit friends), & making sure all bills are paid if they are due next week, I have been trying not to stress Kelly out anymore that he already is. Well last night I came home and started making dinner. He then asked me if I would mind mowing the yard. Of course I don't want to mow the yard, but what are you going to do? So I chop up the veggies put them in the saute pan and go start mowing.


Well after I did the back I came in and the chicken was almost ready and I hadn't started the veggies. So I am rushing around like a crazy person to get them finished before the chicken gets done.

All the sudden I hear a loud pop and feel a BURNING sensation in my eye.

Automatically I FLIP out.

Cinderella down!




I got grease in my eye

I throw myself down to the tile and lay there unable to think clearly

I am no longer going to be able to see

OH MY it burns

I won't be able to do anything on the cruise

It stings

What happens with a grease burn to the face

I have an HSA.. will plastic surgery be covered, do they cover stupidity?
Ok maybe I am exaggerating a little bit, but it did burn like crazy and scare the crap out of me.

I finally pull myself off of the floor and Kelly begins to splash cold water in to my I, slowly come to the reality that I won't have to wear an eye patch for the rest of my life and I am able to breathe again.
I eat dinner... and go outside to finish the front yard.. wounded..
 
I am so geeked out on the iphone it is not even funny.I got an email this morning telling me that my order is expected to arrive on Wednesday the 23rd before 3pm.

On-line they posted pictures of the phone & the box and it just got me excited all over again!! New York Times did an article about the 10 best apps.

Couple of aps that I really want--

AT&T dvr app
With this App, you can:
- View list of currently recorded shows
- View list of currently scheduled recordings
- Set your DVR to record a show or series
- View programming information
- Search for shows in the guide


The Small Chair McSweeney's app

With this app you can:
Each week you’ll receive exclusive multimedia — stories, films, readings, interviews, art — plus new humor pieces from our website everyday.Your app purchase gets you six months of weekly Small Chair content. We’ll use Push Notifications to let you know each time a new piece is ready.


Locavore

With this app you can:
For truly local eating, the Locavore app detects where you are in the U.S., tells you what foods you can find locally grown and in season and plots local farmers' markets and other pertinent info in Google Maps. The app also connects you to extra info on Wikipedia and recipes using your green food product of choice.



Photoshop mobile
With this app you can:
Edit and Share from Anywhere.With the new Photoshop.com Mobile App for iPhone.

any other apps I need to know about??



Photobucket

No comments: