Tuesday, March 9, 2010

bird flu

Workout summary:

4 miles; pace- 8:11; total time-32:44
Holy Mother. That run SUCKED. I wanted to do an easy out and back. So we opted for our normal 5 mile run, but once we hit the 2 mile mark we would just turn around. Well the winds were blowing so hard 32mph hard to be exact, that I hated that run. This may be part of the reason that I ran the fastest 4 miles of my life. It was all mental for me today; every single twinge would make me want to stop. I was in my head saying things like, “If this is how you are going to run on Saturday all those people that are coming to watch you are going to be disappointed in you.” “Wow, and I thought you had gotten better.” “What is wrong with you? If you can’t do this 4 miler, there is no way you can break 2 hours.”

My mind is very brutal on me. The good thing about the whole crappy run was that I really and truly thought I was dragging and had gone back to my slower 10 min pace, then the miracle happened and I looked down at my watch and it read 8:11 pace. I wanted to jump up and down and hug dear sweet baby Jesus for helping me get through the last year, cause you best believe I was digging in and saying some prayers!
After it was all said and done and I was in the comfort of the AC again I thought how ironic it was that I use to run 3 miles in the same time that I can now run 4. That always makes a girl feel a little bit better!
I have Bark for the Cure tonight. I got my posters in and now all I need to do is get some sponsors. Since the Paw Partnership was my idea I have put a lot of pressure on myself to sell them. We also opened up the Race for the Cure team captain sign up today and we have our J B Hunt Transport team. So if you are interested in participating in any of the events let me know and we can sign you up!

On another note…

Last week we were noticing this white junk all over the cubicles. Well one of the ladies I work with (denise) said she thought it looked like bird poop. Well then one on the VP’s noticed it was all over his walls and computer. So Denise came to the conclusion that we had a bird in the office. Well she called-whoever you call to dispose of random birds in offices and they told her they would take care of it.
So this afternoon Max was walking by and noticed something on the floor under denise’s desk …

So flipping gross..
So my next question is.. How long was the bird under her desk before she realized it?

No comments: